Visitors to this page

Monday 18 July 2011

I feel rather Hollow

Harry Potter has been my childhood.
I haven't been read it to me before bed every night. I read it myself whenever I could.
I started reading it when I was like in year 5. Which 9 going on 10.
No one my age at my school really read Harry Potter.
And some (2) of my friends made fun of me for reading it.
Harry Plopper, Harry Pooper were the names they called him.
I didn't really have anyone to vent my feelings for Harry Potter to.
And then I went to USA California (before Harry Potter Land was built).
And I moved on from the 4th book to the 5th book. And to be honest I could never get through the beginning of number 5.
I don't know what it is but I can't. I think the first time I was reading the 5th I think I got distracted by my holiday and tired at night. And also I can't read late at Night without bothering my mum. So :/.
I had seen the movies before reading the books.
But I did finish 6th and 7th in time for the 6th film and the finale films.

What I thought of the Romances?
I thought Harry was meant to endup with Hermione.
Like I just thought that was where J.K. Rowling was heading.
But I think when the third movie came out I realized that I was probably wrong.
But I didn't really favour that romance in particular.
Then in the fourth movie we were introduced to Cho Chang.
I didn't really mind Cho Chang, but we were introduced to her in the 3rd book and heard she was the year above (this was after I had seen Goblet of Fire), and I kept thinking, liking an older huh Harry?
Then I had a Nanny (who I asked) to give me the spoilers (after Deathly Hallows was realesed).
And she told me there was a lot of kissing ahead (in the books (not as much as I expected though ;))).
And I kind of regret looking up spoilers on the internet and asking about them. Because it isn't as exciting, and I get kind of disappointed because my expectations were so high (I have no idea what I was expecting, but those expectations were high).
Um, and I figured out eventually figured out Harry eventually got together with Ginny.
So then I started kind of being mean to Cho Chang.
In the book I liked Harry and Ginny's romance, but I later on liked Ronermione more just because in the films, I never really saw Ginny and Harry laugh... while in the same room.

Are they any Harry Potter items/merchandise you want?
Yes.
A t-shirt that says muggle on it.
A t-shirt that say wizard on it (depends on my mood).
A Deathly Hallows necklace.
A lightning bolt necklace.
A Gryffindor scarf. I do have one. And it was just like one of the ones in the movies, but they changed it in like the 3rd film, and would like both versions of the scarf.
A Gryffindor tie.
A trip to Harry Potter Land and taste all the goodies (maybe apart from Fire whiskey, because in the book it sounds like it would be alcoholic if we wanted to make the closet version of it as we could, and to make it the closet I am pretty sure it would contain alcohol (And if your wondering why I think Butterbeer would be rather non-acloholic is because in the movies it kind of reminds me of milkshakes/milk. I just looks really smooth. Probably like mocktail)).

Will you be on Pottermore?
Yes. I do kind of have low expectations for it though. Just basing it off World of Warcraft and games like that. Not that World of Warcraft is bad. But Harry Potter is a set storyline. Will it be like my brother's nintendo games? Because I am really not into that.
But I also have feeling that somehow J.K. Rowling will make it great.

Would you ever feel closure for Harry Potter?
No. I always be trying to hold on to Harry Potter. I am clinging on.

Would I been the same if Harry Potter didn't exist?
No.

Would I go do it again?
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment