Visitors to this page

Thursday 14 July 2011

I strongly dislike Disney.....

Don't get wrong I have been to (the original) Disneyland, and watched 50 Years of Disney when I was there.
And Walt Disney seemed like a nice person.
But cannot stand Disney Channel.
They went a stretch too far with marking a theme park it's own channel.
And what inspired me to write this, I was watching E! news (as you do), and they had an 'exclusive' interview with Demi Lavato. And the 'exclusive' world premier of Demi Lavato's music video for her song 'Skyscraper'. And through out the show the hosts (Guiliana Rancic and Ryan Secrest) endlessly talked about how inspirational Demi Lavato was between celebrity news stories.
And it bothers me how Demi Lavato talks about her 'fans' were inspired by her. And I was like 'who are these fans? I thought all of her fans were five year old girls?'
Don't the average American teenagers watch shows like 90210? Or Gossip Girl?
But no, it seems as though they watch Disney.
Because all of Demi's (previous acting/singing) jobs were based around Disney?
How does an average teenager watch Disney? Disney is directed at Tweens right?
I mean I thought teenagers were just a tad smarter than a tween because they watch TV shows with actual solid story lines, and if character leaves the show they have to 'escourt' them out, however a tween will not notice that one of the characters is missing.
But it seems as though not.
I do not find any Disney star inspirational! At all! Why?
Let me give you my reasons:
1) They are Disney stars, I don't consider them 'real' celebrities.
2) It's Disney for god sake, the average viewer ((or I thought the 'average' viewer) which I thought was a Tween, not a Teenager, seems as though I am wrong) doesn't care whether your dying, they just want a show, they don't understand yet, it's just a show.
People might criticizee that I 'hate' Demi Lavato, or Miley Cyrus, or Selena Gomez.
Correction: I strongly dislike Demi Lavato, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez.
Disney is a shortcut to fame. Everyone knows that. I know a girl who auditioned for Camp Rock 2, and  I know why.
Disney is a shortcut. Disney only wants you if your 1) Skinny, 2) Pretty (unless your not a main character).
They don't care how 'fantastic' you are, as long a five year old (or a teenager) thinks your good, you've got the job. But five year olds don't have a good taste in music, so sorry good singers, you're out.
And also over the years Disney has been caught by people all over the world with 'Sex' written within the stars in the illustrated sky (or in Rapunzel's hair).

Maybe if Miley, Demi, and Selena had chosen the harder road to becoming famous, I wouldn't dislike you.

Teaching Young Boys How to Attract Women:


Teaching Young Girls How to Attract Boys:

No comments:

Post a Comment