Visitors to this page

Tuesday 13 December 2011

The Secret Garden

So, when I was a kid, my faveourite movie was The Secret Garden. And I don't know why I loved it but I just did. And I watched it today (on VHS, don't judge) for old times sake (not the VHS part, just the fact that I watched it for old times sake, we only own it on VHS) But did you know I always wanted to move houses when I was a kid? No, I bet you didn't.
But the reason that I always wanted to move house was because I wanted to go exploring, even though the type of house we would get, there wouldn't be much exploring to do, because I would've finished it in like five minutes.
So I realised, if I were to move house it will have to be HUGE and have HEAPS of secret passageways and underground tunnels.
And I thought, oh won't it be sweet if I married a (brown haired) man that built me a house like that?
But then I realised, it will be fun; but not as fasinating. No people will have lived in the house before me, there was no history behind it up until now.
It's also like Coraline in someways.
But if you really wanted me to go HARDCORE on this dream of mine, I'll have a large garden to explore as well thanks.
And I have been to Hearst Castle (that's in California), Larnach Castle (that's in Dunedin), Tower of London (that's in London) and Windsor Castle (that's in Windsor). But they usually don't (pratically always) let you into the passageways and underground tunnels (mainly for security reasons (or something along those lines)).
So basically what I'm saying is, if I marry a brown haired man, and he wants to see the expression of pure amazement and wonder on my face then he should defiantly live in/buy me a giant house with secret passageways, underground tunnels, lots of history and stories behind it with lots of rooms he is more than welcome.

Hearst Castle; Birds Eye View

Hearst Castle; Neptune's Pool

Hearst Castle; The Indoor Pool

Lanarch Castle

Windsor Castle

Tower of London

Tower of London; Apparently the most Haunted place in ALL of Tower of London, of course much like the passageways and underground tunnels they don't let you in there. Hmph. >:(

Tower of London; The Beef Eaters (?)

Tower of London; on of the many stairs to one of the many towers in the Tower of London (they really need to work on that tower plural thing, I mean come on?)

Tower of London, The legend says when the Ravens leave the Tower of London the Palace will fall and the Royal family will fall with it. That must be the reason for the cages for the Ravens.

So The Secret Garden has led me back to my childhood and made me realise my REAL dream home.

No comments:

Post a Comment